British Prime Minister Theresa May's spokesman recently announced that the PM will be setting out the details of the new Brexit offer in a speech today at 1500 GMT.
Key quotes (via Reuters)
- Cabinet discussed new deal on Brexit to be presented in parliament.
- New deal includes alternative arrangements, workers rights, environmental protections and assurances on integrity of UK in event of backstop.
- PM told ministers the WAB is the vehicle to get UK out of the EU and it is vital to find way to get it over the line.
- Cabinet meeting was characterised by shared determination to pass the WAB.
- There has been discussion about parliament having a role in determining future relationship with EU.
- We haven’t set out a timetable for indicative votes so far.
- Asked about whether a second referendum was raised in cabinet, says they discussed a whole range of issues.
- No deal remains a plausible outcome and work is ongoing.
- To get a new deal through parliament it is clear that it will have to contain significant new aspects.